Roasted, slightly crisp, fluffy and delicious, Hasselback Potatoes are a new favorite in our house as of tonight.
It took me less than 3 minutes to prep these, thanks to an awesome tip that I stumbled onto while browsing Chris’ mouthwatering blog, Nibble Me This. I recently saw another great cutting tip at Sweet Anna’s as well.
In order to slice the potatoes easily, without cutting through the very bottom of the potato, I placed two chopsticks along the sides of the potatoes. Without worrying about how deeply I was cutting them, I was able to slice and prep four potatoes in just minutes.
These potatoes have infinite seasoning possibilities. This time, my goal was a very simple potato and this was one of the best roasted potatoes I have ever had.
- 4 medium size potatoes I have used Yukon potatoes, red potatoes and russets
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and slice the potatoes, according to the above method. potatoes and then set on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, in between the slices and over the exterior of the potatoes. Sprinkle generously with kosher salt.
- Roast for 40 minutes and then remove from oven. Let cool just slightly before eating. These potatoes also reheat very well. I actually made them in the morning (when I already had the oven hot with other baking) and then kept them in a covered container in the fridge until dinnertime. I popped them in the hot oven with the rest of our dinner for about 10 minutes right before serving. Enjoy!
- I drizzled mine with homemade ranch dressing and it was delicious!