This is a very fast meal to put together. Start to finish, this stew only requires 30-40 minutes including prep time; making it a great weeknight dinner.
Green Chili Stew with Sausage and Tomatoes
- 1 pound hot sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped small
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 14 ounces chopped green chile
- 29 ounces petite diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock I used homemade, if you use store bought, adjust salt as needed
- 6 medium red potatoes diced small, about 4 cups chopped
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook and crumble the sausage, onions and garlic over medium high heat in the bottom of a large pot. If there is a lot of grease in the bottom of the pot*, drain it off before adding all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, just until the potatoes are tender. Taste the broth and adjust seasonings as desired. Enjoy!
- *The amount of grease varies with different brands and types of sausage. Sometimes, there is almost none and other times there is a lot!