Green chiles, sausage and eggs are some of my favorite foods. This breakfast is so over the top simple, it’s barely a recipe. I want to remember this one though, so I’m adding it to my list.
I threw it together just using some leftovers from the fridge a few days ago. It was so good, I’ve made it twice more since then.
Green Chile and Sausage Scrambled Eggs
- 8 eggs
- ½ pound breakfast sausage cooked and crumbled
- chopped green chile I used a few tablespoons of store-bought chopped green chiles
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil of your choice I used coconut oil
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the eggs and scrambled lightly with a spatula. Let cook, stirring occasionally, until almost set. Salt and pepper to taste and then add the cooked sausage and the green chiles. Stir gently to combine without breaking up the eggs too much.
- When the eggs still look a little bit wet, remove from the heat to avoid over-cooking. They will finish cooking as they rest for a couple minutes before serving them. Enjoy!