Green chiles, sausage and eggs are some of my favorite foods. This breakfast is so over the top simple, it’s barely a recipe. I want to remember this one though, so I’m adding it to my list.
I threw it together just using some leftovers from the fridge a few days ago. It was so good, I’ve made it twice more since then.
Green Chile and Sausage Scrambled Eggs
- 8 eggs
- ½ pound breakfast sausage cooked and crumbled
- chopped green chile I used a few tablespoons of store-bought chopped green chiles
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil of your choice I used coconut oil
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the eggs and scrambled lightly with a spatula. Let cook, stirring occasionally, until almost set. Salt and pepper to taste and then add the cooked sausage and the green chiles. Stir gently to combine without breaking up the eggs too much.
- When the eggs still look a little bit wet, remove from the heat to avoid over-cooking. They will finish cooking as they rest for a couple minutes before serving them. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @barefeetkitchen or tag #barefeetkitchen!
11 Comments Leave a comment or review
The Blonde Duck says
My kind of breakfast!
I love green chiles in my scrambled eggs! This is the perfect breakfast!
I do like green chiles but have never tried them in scrambled eggs! Must try this! Looks totally yummy! Have a great weekend Mary!
Big Dude says
Looks like perfection to me and reminds me I have some roasted green chiles in the freezer.
What a tasty looking scramble… I bet it would be good rolled up in a tortilla too.
The Harried Cook says
Oh yummy! Totally my kind of breakfast… this would be so yummy on a slice of toasted multi-grain! buttered, of course! Gotta have the butter! Great pictures too! Love it 😀
Words Of Deliciousness says
I would love this for breakfast. Sounds like it would be full of flavor.
Yum! I could eat that combo every morning!
Med School Mom says
I've been making my eggs with diced jalapenos a lot here lately. I never thought about using canned chiles. I will have to try this.
*Janet Heydenreich says
Oh my gosh 👌 I love your recipes This is just what I needed 😊
Why didn’t I think of this to do with what I have leftover
Thank you 😊
Mary Younkin says
I’m so glad you’re enjoying the recipes, Janet!