Ruby red grapefruit, lime, orange and tequila meet in this citrusy margarita. My sister called me a couple months ago and told me that she had a new favorite drink she couldn’t wait to make for me. We finally had a chance to hang out and mix up a batch this past weekend and I really liked this drink!
This is a very tart margarita, so if you aren’t a fan of the sweeter cocktails, this is the drink for you. If you enjoy balancing the tart with something sweet, a splash of simple syrup will allow you to sweeten it to taste.
Ruby Red Grapefruit Margarita
- 1/2 cup ruby red grapefruit juice about 1 ½ grapefruits worth
- 1/4 cup lime juice about 3 limes worth
- 1/2 cup white tequila
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec or another orange liqueur
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt if you are not going to salt the glasses
- additional lime wedges for serving
- Optional: simple syrup shake together equal parts sugar and water in a small jar, add a splash to the drink and adjust to taste as desired
- Combine all ingredients in a large cocktail shaker and add ice to fill. Shake at least 30 seconds, until the container is icy cold. Fill prepared glasses with ice and pour the chilled margarita over the ice. Garnish with lime wedges. Enjoy!
ONE YEAR AGO TODAY: St-Germain Dillinger Cocktail
TWO YEARS AGO TODAY: Bacon and Egg Garden Salad
6 Comments Leave a comment or review
This is the second grapefruit margarita that I've seen this morning. I think someone is trying to tell me something.
Joshua Hampton says
I love a good margarita. Definitely trying out this recipe this weekend.
The Little Ferraro Kitchen says
Perfect timing since National Margarita day is tomorrow! Or was it yesterday? 🙂
It's tomorrow. 🙂 Better pick up more grapefruit!
Cheri Savory Spoon says
looks very refreshing!
Gail Barnes says
I love the Ruby Red Margarita. I used Ruby Red Squirt! Perfection!