Get ready for a tasty combination of fresh fruit and cool mint in this Blueberry Mojito recipe. You’ll find yourself hooked from the first sip!
These cocktails are perfect for sipping at a party or for relaxing on the porch with friends on a warm summer evening. A blueberry mojito is just summer in a glass, for me.
Having lived in one of the hottest cities in the US for a very long time, mojitos became a favorite pretty much year-round. But, the blueberry mojito adds a twist on the classic beverage.
Blueberries have a distinct flavor that starts off sweet but leaves a tanginess that lingers. The taste will vary depending on the ripeness of the berries, with riper blueberries tending to be sweeter.
But, I adore the way that the sweetness of the muddled blueberries in this drink balances the zesty citrus of the lime juice. This recipe is so good, it makes it harder to appreciate the drinks that are made outside your kitchen.
Blueberry Mojito Recipe
- fresh mint leaves
- fresh or frozen blueberries
- lime juice
- simple syrup
- white or light rum
- ice and club soda
How to Make a Blueberry Mojito
Start by combining the mint, blueberries, and lime juice in a small pitcher or mason jar. Use a muddler (I love this one!) to crush the mint and berries in the lime juice.
Then, add the simple syrup and the rum. Add the ice and stir or shake to mix it all together.
Fill individual glasses halfway with ice and divide the mojito mixture between them. If you want to remove the mint and berry pieces, pour the drink through a strainer. Top with club soda and garnish with mint and blueberries, if desired.
Homemade Simple Syrup
It is really easy to make homemade simple syrup. Just combine equal parts water and sugar in a jar and shake it until the sugar dissolves. It only takes a few minutes.
Homemade simple syrup will be much thinner than the syrup you can get at the store, and it mixes smoothly into cocktails. And, it lasts for weeks in the fridge.
You can use bottled lime juice for these mojitos, but I strongly recommend halving and squeezing fresh limes with a handheld juicer for the best flavor. It’s definitely worth the little bit of extra effort.
Blueberry Mint Mojito
If you are a fan of the blueberry mint mojito, I have good news. I’ve got a lot of other fabulous cocktails to try! This recipe consistently yields a perfect mojito – the classic, refreshing experience.
For now, I’m going to take a break and drink this cocktail on the porch with a slice of this fabulous lemon blueberry bread.
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup fresh lime juice about 5 limes worth
- 2-4 tablespoons simple syrup add more to taste as desired
- ⅓ cup white or light rum add more to taste as desired
- 3 cups ice divided
- club soda
- Combine the mint, blueberries, and lime juice in a small pitcher or mason jar. Use a muddler to crush the mint and berries in the lime juice.
- Add the simple syrup and rum. Add 1 cup of ice and stir well or shake to mix and chill. Then, fill individual glasses halfway with ice and divide the mojito mixture between them..
- Top each glass with club soda and garnish with mint and blueberries, if desired.