Creamy, smooth, rich dulce de leche ice cream is heavenly all by itself, scooped over warm brownies, layered in between ice cream cookie sandwiches or filled with chunks of your favorite bars or brownies. This is an awesome base ice cream recipe for any number of great desserts.
To make it even better, I loaded this batch up with bits of Chewy Caramel Turtle Bark and it was pure heaven in an ice cream cone.
I highly recommend you make a batch of the turtle bark as soon as possible and turn it into some of the best ice cream you’ll ever taste.
Dulce De Leche Ice Cream
- 14 ounces Dulce De Leche caramel sauce store-bought will work as well
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Optional: 2 cups worth of Caramel Turtle Bark or the add-in of your choice chopped very small
- Place the caramel sauce in a medium size saucepan over medium heat. When the caramel is warm and easily stirred, very slowly add the heavy cream, whisking constantly to combine. When the cream has been fully incorporated, remove from the heat. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth. Cover and place in the refrigerator until fully chilled, at least 4-8 hours. The mixture can be refrigerated for a couple days before freezing in the ice cream machine.
- Freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Add the chopped turtle bark bits, if desired, just before the ice cream finishes churning. Serve immediately for soft serve ice cream or transfer to an airtight container and store in the freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!
ONE YEAR AGO TODAY: Baked Honey Mustard Corned Beef Recipe
TWO YEARS AGO TODAY: 20 Minute Indian Chicken Bits
5 Comments Leave a comment or review
Oh. My. Gosh.
Lea @ Gourmet Mommy says
This looks heavenly.
Magnolia Verandah says
Wished I had an ice cream machine!
Dayum! That looks great and a perfect use for the dulce de leche.
I'm making the base today and churning it tomorrow. When it'a almost finished, I'll be adding chopped up Twix Bars. I can't wait to taste this!