Piping hot, tender apples, filled with dried fruit and soft pecans, baked with brown sugar and spices; this was an excellent dessert that didn’t heat up the house or require more than a few minutes of effort on my part.
I baked the apples in the crock-pot this time. However, I’m including oven directions as well, if that is more your style.
I’ve made Cinnnamon Baked Apples and Brown Sugar Cinnamon Applesauce in the Crock-pot many times, but this was the first time I tried stuffing them. I loved the way all of the different flavors combined and my kids went nuts over these apples.
Stuffed Apples ~ In The Crock-Pot or In The Oven
- 4 granny smith apples
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup raisins light and dark work well
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom or cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Wash and core the apples, removing at least a 1″ center in each apple. Set the apples on a plate. Stir together the dried fruit, pecans, brown sugar, salt and cardamom or cinnamon. Fill each apple with this mixture, packing it firmly into each apple.
- CROCK-POT DIRECTIONS: Place the filled apples in the bottom of the crock-pot. If you have a smaller crock-pot, you can raise a couple of the apples by sitting them on top of wadded up balls of foil in between the other two apples. (This is how I cooked ours this time.) Top each apple with a teaspoon of butter. Cover with lid and cook for about 2 hours on high, until the apples are fork tender. If you would like to cook on low, this should take 4-5 hours.
- OVEN DIRECTIONS: Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the filled apples in a muffin tray. Top each apple with a teaspoon of butter. Bake until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
11 Comments Leave a comment or review
Sherri @ The Well Floured Kitchen says
Apple season is just around the corner! I love the idea of making them in the crockpot. Pinning to try soon 🙂
I love the idea of doing these in the crock-pot, I never would have thought of that!
Mary Callan says
I love stuffed apples – I've only ever baked them – lovely flavorings!
They look delicious!
Tricia Buice says
Mary – my mom used to bake apples with spices and sugar. I love the way it makes the house smell like home. Lovely photos and the addition of raisins sounds terrific.
Magnolia Verandah says
love stuffed apples – reminds me of learning to cook at school, haven't made them for ages and must give them a go in the crockpot!
I've made these in the crock-pot! Your home smells Wonderful for days.
briket makinası says
ımmm.. perfect… thanks.. I love stuffed apples
briket makinası says
I love stuffed apples
I love stuffed apples – I’ve only ever baked them – lovely flavorings!
Mary Younkin says
I love them too!