Juicy chicken thighs with a crisp and flavorful skin are possible with less than 5 minutes worth of effort! This crispy chicken is made in the oven without any breading at all; the only ingredients you need are the chicken, a drizzle of oil, and a sprinkling of spices. I’ve been making different variations of our crispy pan-fried and crispy oven-fried chicken for the past few years and it just doesn’t get old.
The recipe is dead easy and my whole family loves this chicken. It will likely be the easiest chicken dinner you’ll ever make. No marinade, no fancy ingredients, just a sprinkling of spices that are likely in your pantry already.
Asian Glazed Orange Chicken by Foodie Crush
Chicken Marbella by Simply Recipes
Sheet Pan Chicken with Green Beans and Potatoes by Barefeet In The Kitchen
Apple Gouda Stuffed Chicken Breasts by Rachel Cooks
Lemony Chicken Saltimbocca by For The Love of Cooking
Kitchen Tip: I use this sheet pan when making this recipe.
- 2 1/2 - 3 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning store-bought is fine
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking tray or half sheet pan with foil and place all the chicken pieces on it, skin side down. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and spices and flip each piece skin side up. Drizzle a little oil over the skin on each piece of chicken and rub lightly to coat. Sprinkle again with salt, pepper, and spices.
- Bake for one hour, until most of the fat has rendered out of the chicken and the skin is golden brown and crisp. Remove from the oven and let rest about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!