Fresh corn and tomatoes are tossed together with bacon and guacamole to make this irresistible dip. I made this for a family movie night and the three avocado lovers in my family managed to eat almost the whole batch.
This is an awesome appetizer for any summer party; scoop it up with chips or eat it off the spoon. However you serve it, it’s going to disappear fast.
You know those recipes that you want to make as soon as you see them? My friend Sandy shared this recipe on Facebook a few days ago and as soon as I saw it, I crossed the corn dish I had planned to make off of my menu and wrote this one in its place.
I’m glad I did because I couldn’t get enough of this dip.
I love everything about fresh corn, I’ve been known to eat it straight off the cob, roasted or grilled, skillet fried, sautéed or stir fried. I’ll take corn just about any way you might think to serve it and I’m thrilled to have a new corn recipe in my hands for the summer.
Fresh Corn Dip with Bacon, Avocado and Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup prepared guacamole homemade or store-bought
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Cholula hot sauce or your favorite hot sauce
- 1 1/4 cups fresh corn about 2 ears worth
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and chopped or crumbled
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped, about 1-2 tablespoons worth
- In a medium size bowl, stir together the guacamole, mayonnaise, and hot sauce. Taste and adjust the heat as needed. Add the corn, bacon, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro and stir to combine. Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!