Cinnamon and sugar coated pecans that were warm and softened from roasting in the oven; they were so delicious warm off the tray, we couldn’t keep our fingers off of them. Even though she watched me make them and saw how simple they are, my sister insisted that I post the recipe for her asap.
I have a few different recipes that I really love for roasting nuts, Ginger and Honey Roasted Almonds, Candied Walnuts, Sweet and Spicy Roasted Almonds. I wanted to make flavored pecans for a salad and I just didn’t want to spend even the few minutes stirring and standing over the hot stove.
I found this method at Simply Scratch and it worked perfectly. Whisk, toss, coat, toss and roast. That’s it. No stove-top time is required at all. This is the easiest sugared and roasted nut recipe I have ever made and the nuts turned out perfectly.
Cinnamon Roasted Pecans
- 16 ounces raw pecan halves
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg white
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. In a medium size bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the egg white until frothy. Add the vanilla and then whisk to combine.
- Add the pecans and toss well to coat. Pour the sugar mixture over the coated pecans and toss well to coat thoroughly with the mixture.
- Spread the nuts across a silpat or parchment lined (if using parchment, grease it lightly with butter) baking sheet. Roast for ten minutes, remove from the oven and stir well. Roast another five minutes, remove from the oven and stir again.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Enjoy!
5 Comments Leave a comment or review
Oh boy…I would NOT be able to control myself around these. So addictively delicious!
Athena @ Lifes Abundant Adventures says
I absolutely LOVE these! I make them every fall. Delish!
Becki's Whole Life says
I made something similar at Christmas and they were so addicting. Like that this uses an egg white. Yum!
Theresa A from Tulsa says
Just made these last night!! Followed directions exactly and they came out perfect!! I amazed myself!! 🙂 Thanks!!!
Kathleen McLean says
I just made a batch of these and they are the best ever!!!! Every year I go to our state fair just for these and these are so much better. Because of this I just posted your website link on my facebook page as everyone should try these. Awesome!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!