Chipotle and Lime Egg Salad with spicy smoky heat and a tangy bite of lime was a spur of the moment creation this past weekend. My boys requested deviled eggs as part of our appetizers for a movie night and my middle son was excited to help me make them.
Unfortunately, the eggs were falling apart by the time he had them all peeled. I decided to turn them into a deviled egg dip that we could eat with crackers or chips.
Naturally, I couldn’t just leave that idea alone. The next thing I knew, I was grabbing a couple of chipotle peppers from the freezer and juicing a lime. We all enjoyed this dip; but honestly, I was the one who just couldn’t get enough of it. I set aside a bit of it for my lunch the next day and my oldest son begged to share it with me.
I’m going to make this again for sandwiches the next time I make bread. I think it will be delicious mixed into a chopped salad as well.
- 6 eggs hard boiled and peeled
- 2 chipotle peppers minced, start with just one pepper if you are unsure of the heat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 medium lime about 1-2 tablespoons, adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper adjust to taste
- dash of smoked paprika
- Chop the eggs very small or crush them using a fork or pastry blender. Add the mayonnaise and the peppers and stir to combine. Add about a tablespoons of lime juice along with the salt and pepper. Taste the mixture and adjust as desired. Add a dash of paprika and stir to combine. Chill until ready to eat. Enjoy!