Street Tacos meet the Big Green Salad in this Carnitas Salad Bowl that I can’t get enough of lately. Crunchy lettuces are layered with juicy carnitas, tomatoes, avocado, onions, corn, beans, and cheese then topped with a squeeze of lime. While I’m a huge fan of homemade salad dressings, this salad is so flavorful I just squeeze a lime over the top and finish with a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
However, if you’re partial to salad dressing, there are 30 different salad dressings in the recipe index here. I’d recommend Bacon Chipotle Ranch Dressing, Honey Lime Jalapeno Vinaigrette, Peppery Dill Ranch Dressing, or Pepperoncini Vinaigrette.
This salad is rocking my lunches lately and I am excited to be sharing it with you today. The beauty of this salad is in its versatility. If you don’t happen to have Pulled Pork Carnitas in the refrigerator already, this salad works well with almost any meat. I’ve made versions of this salad with crumbled taco beef, leftover grilled chipotle chicken, and carne asada steak as well.
- 2-3 cups crunchy lettuce chopped small
- 1 small tomato sliced into thin wedges
- 1/4 avocado sliced thin
- 1/8 small red onion sliced very thin
- 1/4 cup corn frozen (thawed), canned (drained)
- 1/4 cup black beans rinsed and drained (optional)
- 1/2 cup pulled pork carnitas
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese feta, or shredded cheddar cheese
- dash of kosher salt
- dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 lime wedges
- 1/2 cup corn chips or tortilla strips optional
- Combine the lettuce, tomato, avocado, onion, corn, beans, and carnitas in a medium-size mixing bowl. Toss to combine and sprinkle with cheese, salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lime. Top with a handful of chips, if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!