Bleu Cheese Salad Dressing is one of the most frequent recipe requests I’ve received over the past couple years and I’m thrilled to finally have an awesome recipe to share with you!
Stinky cheeses and I have had a rocky relationship for a long time. Never my favorite, I always avoided them given the choice.
My husband came home from a trip last month and mentioned that he had enjoyed several salads topped with feta and Gorgonzola while he was out of town. He asked if I’d try making a bleu cheese dressing one of these days.
With no real point of reference for the dressing, I was at a loss. So, I found help from the ever so reliable Alton Brown. My husband loved the dressing and our friends that tried it voted it a success as well!
Bleu Cheese Salad Dressing
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup buttermilk or buttermilk substitute
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the Gorgonzola in a small bowl and smash it with a fork. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine. Transfer to an airtight container and chill until ready to serve. This will keep well in the refrigerator for at least a week. Enjoy!