I found this recipe while searching for a light dessert that would use some of the berries that have been filling my refrigerator this week. We had raspberries, blackberries and blueberries, so we each filled our cake with the berries of our choice.
My favorite was the blueberry cake; it reminded me a bit of my favorite blueberry pancakes. The cake with blueberries and blackberries was also delicious. The cake that was only raspberries was quite tart. I think the berries just weren’t as sweet as the others.
I loved the way most of the berries stayed whole and then burst in your mouth with such a deep flavor.
This is not an overly sweet dessert. It really plays up the flavor in the berries. It took less than 10 minutes to put it together after dinner. It was a fun treat and my boys really thought it was fun. I baked these in heart shaped ramekins and then turned them out onto individual plates.
Berry Pudding Cakes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups assorted fresh berries we used raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries
- butter for greasing pans
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Lightly grease six 6-ounce individual ramekins with butter. Place them on a large baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla, and salt; whisk until light and frothy. Whisk in milk until combined. Add flour and baking powder; whisk until smooth.
- Divide berries among the prepared dishes. Pour batter over the berries. This was approximately ¼ cup of batter for each individual dish. (Batter will not cover berries completely.) Bake about 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Sift powdered sugar over each cake before serving. Serve warm. Enjoy!
5 Comments Leave a comment or review
Oh my… this one has me drooling.
Inside a British Mum's Kitchen says
This is LOVELY, I really like the fact that it's not full of flour, nice and light and looks gorgeous –
soooo precious! these look so good!
i- lostinausten says
I luv your berry pudding cake. Looks soo sweet & yummy^^
I love these recipes but it would be really helpful if the measurements were published for us in England too!