The zucchini from our garden has completely overtaken my kitchen. Luckily, zucchini bread is one of our favorites. The white chocolate and macadamia nuts in this version wound up making it completely irresistible for me.
I kept going back for just a little bit more. It was definitely a good idea to send the rest of this batch off with some family members last night!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Zucchini BreadPrint Pin Rate
- 2 small zucchini approximately 2 cups shredded (the smaller the better for great flavor)
- 1 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour I used freshly ground hard white wheat
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup macadamia nuts chopped
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Grease a muffin tin and set aside. Grate zucchini, press water out on a towel and set aside. Whisk together sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs and set aside. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and the spices. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine well. Stir in the grated zucchini, then the nuts and the chocolate.
- Scoop batter into greased muffin cups or small loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean. Enjoy!