Garlicky peacock kale and fresh purple and white cauliflower are lightly sauteed, just until they are warm and slightly tender. Served warm or room temperature, this was a great twist on our typical dinner salad.
Warm Peacock Kale and Purple Cauliflower Salad
- 1/2 large head of white peacock kale about 4 cups roughly chopped, rinsed and lightly shaken dry
- 1 very small head of purple cauliflower broken into florets and sliced in half as desired, about two cups
- 1/2 small head of white cauliflower thinly sliced into bite size pieces, about two cups
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- In a very large cold skillet, place the oil and the garlic. Set heat to medium high and saute until fragrant, add the cauliflower and toss to coat well. Cook for 3-4 minutes, just until barely tender. Add the kale and toss quickly to coat with oil and garlic. The kale should cook and start to wilt within just a few minutes, due to being slightly damp. Season generously with salt and pepper as it cooks.
- Remove from the heat while still a bit crisp. Serve warm or let cool to room temperature before eating. Enjoy!