While I was still coasting on my happy buzz after finally mastering the chili sauce of my dreams, I couldn’t resist serving the sauce with practically everything. I served it with the Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites.
Then I dipped roasted vegetables into it. Last of all, I used the remaining sauce to create this saucy chicken dish. I loved it. My kids went crazy over it when I served it for lunch.
This tastes like something that requires much more than the necessary 10-15 minutes to prepare. I made it again a few nights ago for a meal with the whole family and my husband voted it a success as well.
Sweet and Sour Chili Chicken with Rice
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts diced into 3/4"-1" pieces
- 1-2 teaspoons light olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked warm rice I used brown rice
- 1 cup Sweet Chili Sauce or the store-bought variety of your choice
- Warm the oil in a large skillet, over medium high heat. Add the chicken and toss with tongs or a wooden spatula until it is lightly browned and cooked through, this should only take 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as it is cooking.
- When the chicken is cooked through, pour the sweet chili sauce over the top and stir to coat the pieces well. Let it cook for about a minute to warm the sauce and then remove from the heat. Divide the rice and then the chicken with sauce onto individual plates. Enjoy!