Spicy Honey Lime Pork Roast is a little bit spicy and a little bit sweet, with just a hint of citrus. This pulled pork is a fun change from our usual herb rubbed pork roast, the meal that has been my go-to pork main dish for several years.
An oven pork roast is always delicious, but there are times when I simply prefer the ease of a crock-pot roast for busy nights.
I’ve made this Spicy Honey Lime Pork Roast a couple times now and I absolutely love it. The flavors are subtle and that makes this a really versatile main dish. I’ve served this pork straight out of the crock-pot with mashed potatoes and vegetables.
Spicy Honey Lime Pork Roast
- 1 1/2 pound sirloin pork roast
- 3-4 minced chipotle peppers about 1-2 tablespoons worth
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from the can of chipotle peppers
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice about 2 medium limes worth
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- Rinse and pat dry the pork roast. Place in the slow cooker. Stir together the remaining ingredients and pour over the roast. Cover and cook on LOW heat for 6-7 hours, until the meat can be pulled apart with tongs. Toss the pieces of meat in the juices in the crock-pot. Enjoy!