Tender and flaky as a traditional pie crust, this recipe is exactly what I hoped to find. There are a few tricks that will help you achieve a flaky crust:
* Make sure your butter and water are as cold as possible.
* Work quickly and avoid over working the dough, lumps of butter are a good thing in a pie crust.
* Use as little water as possible to hold the dough together, too much water will create a tough crust.
* Press the dough out between sheets of wax paper, don’t even mess with rolling it out on it’s own. The paper will also help with transferring the dough to the pan.
* If you are not in need of a gluten free crust, I have also made this all-butter pie crust recipe and I loved it.
Check out all of the Gluten Free Dessert Recipes on this website!