Crunchy, tangy, spicy and delicious, the lemon and the sauce took this right over the top for me. This was an excellent summer meal. I saw this recipe a few weeks ago and knew that I’d be making it this summer.
My husband and I had this for lunch and I’m betting that my kids would have liked it as well. I’ll definitely make this again.
Onion Crusted Tilapia
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Creole seasoning - sprinkled to taste
- 1/2 cup French's onions crushed
- Dipping Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground horseradish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with foil and spray or oil the foil. Place two fillets on the sheet and brush them with melted butter. Sprinkle generously with creole seasoning. Top with crushed French's onions and press gently into the fillets.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or just until fish flakes apart. While the fish is baking, mix together the mayonnaise, creole seasoning and horseradish. When fish is finished cooking, remove from the oven and serve with lemon and sauce for dipping.
- *Yes, that is marinara sauce in the picture. Did it go perfectly with the fish? eh, who cares? It was delicious! I dipped my veggies in it as well and it gave me an excuse to enjoy it again!