This was a simple salad quickly put together with odds and ends from the refrigerator and yet, it was full of great flavor. The salsa had just enough of it’s own juices to create a light dressing for the salad, while the chicken and bits of egg made it quite filling. My kids surprised me by enjoying this salad as much as I did. I will be sure to save a bit of the salsa next time I make it, so that I can serve this salad again.
- 3-4 cups green leaf lettuce chopped bite size
- 1 cooked chicken thigh meat removed and chopped bite size, about 1/2 cup pieces
- 1 cup Black Bean Corn and Mango Salsa
- Additional toppings: crushed tortilla chips chopped egg or cheese
- Toss together the above ingredients and serve immediately. Enjoy!