After almost two years now, this has become one of our favorite chicken marinades. Originally created from an abundance of lemons and limes on hand, I just added some oil and spices and went with it. We loved it. Allowing the chicken to rest for 24 hours prior to cooking really helped the flavor penetrate all the way through the meat. After meals like this one, I am once again happy to live in the southwest. It’s always nice to be able to grill through the winter in lovely weather.
- 1/2 cup light flavored olive oil
- juice of 4 small lemons
- juice of 4 small limes
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons herbs de provence
- 4 pounds chicken thighs
- Combine everything except the chicken in a small bowl and whisk together. Place the chicken pieces in an airtight container or large ziploc bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken and seal the container. Shake the container to coat thoroughly. Marinate for 24 hours, turning the container a few times to ensure even coverage with the marinade.
- When you are ready to grill or bake the chicken, allow the meat to warm on the counter for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- FREEZER MEAL: Combine the marinade and chicken in a gallon size
- Ziploc and freeze them together. When you are ready to cook the chicken,
- thaw in the refrigerator, allowing the marinade to work it's
- flavors throughout the meat. Once thawed, cook as described above.