Did you know that knives are not designed for chopping? They are designed for slicing. There is a subtle difference there, but it makes a HUGE difference in the results and the energy you’ll use preparing your ingredients.
Did you know that you can sharpen a knife in about 15 seconds using a cereal bowl? While I still use a knife sharpener most of the time, this was a fun trick the day we learned it.<
Knife Skills to Make Life Easier:
- Longer blades are safer and more efficient than shorter blades.
- Use the back half of the knife and slice (don’t chop!) in a circular motion.
- Always keep your fingers above the blade.
- Face your nails down to the cutting board, never out towards the knife.
- Slide a knuckle on the inside of the blade to guide each cut. (awesome tip!)