This frozen yogurt makes the most of the late summer peaches while still keeping it cool for those of us with temperatures lingering in the triple digits. I enjoyed the rich fruity creaminess of this frozen yogurt. The peaches really shine after a quick roasting in the oven and the yogurt provides the tanginess that I’m beginning to love in these frozen yogurts.
Roasting will improve most stone fruits, even the sub par ones that show up occasionally. There is something almost magical about the way that brings out additional flavor. Sweeten this as much or as little as you like, according to the sweetness of your peaches. Add a small amount of sugar, then blend and taste before adding additional sugar.
- 4 ripe peaches
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar adjust according to how sweet your peaches are
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Split the peaches in half and remove the pits. Place the peach halves, cut side up in a baking dish. Drizzle generously with honey. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until very tender. Remove from the oven and place in the blender. If there are juices in the pan, add them to the blender as well.
- Blend the peaches until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until combined. Transfer to an airtight container and chill in the refrigerator until cold, preferably overnight. Once cold, pour into the ice cream machine and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Serve immediately for soft-serve ice cream or transfer to an airtight container and freeze for a firmer frozen yogurt. Enjoy!