The snow peas at the Farmer’s Market were irresistible this week. I love adding snow peas to my stir fry dinners and they can be a great side dish as well. I had a small leek in the refrigerator and I decided to saute it with the snow peas for a very simple side dish.
Just a few minutes in the skillet resulted in a dish of crisp hot snow peas with tender leeks, fresh herbs and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
Herbed Snow Peas with Leeks
- 1/2 of 1 large leek or 1 small leek sliced thin
- 1/3 - 1/2 lb snow peas
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives or about 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 - 2 teaspoons fresh thyme minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper adjust to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large skillet, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the leeks and saute
- for 3-4 minutes, until they begin to soften. Add the snow peas and toss
- in the oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook, tossing or stirring
- occasionally, until the snow peas are hot and barely softened, about
- 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with herbs. Toss again, taste and adjust salt and pepper if
- needed. Enjoy!