Sweet pineapple and savory ham glazed with a light balsamic and brown sugar sauce, this turned out so much more delicious than I even hoped. I tasted it when it was still way too hot right of the oven and it was perfect.
I quickly snapped a few pictures, despite the fact that I truly did not have enough light. I wanted to be sure to save the recipe to make again soon. I think this will be excellent on the grill as well; so I’ll be doing that next time!
Ham and Pineapple with a Balsamic Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1 lb ham steak cut into 1" pieces
- 1 small fresh pineapple cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar white wine vinegar would work as well
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or another flavorless oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Move the top oven rack to within 6 inches of the broiler and then preheat the oven to broil. (This would also be excellent on the grill.) Slide the ham and pineapple onto skewers and set aside. Layer a large baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack over it.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, vinegar and mustard. Place the skewers on top of the wire rack and brush them with the glaze. Place in the oven and broil for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, carefully turn the skewers over and brush with the glaze again. Place back in the oven and broil 5 more minutes. Liberally baste the skewers with the rest of the glaze and broil an additional 3 minutes or so, until they begin to caramelize and become lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes before eating. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @barefeetkitchen or tag #barefeetkitchen!
10 Comments Leave a comment or review
E @ Act Fast Chef says
This looks great! I would definitely cook mine on the grill and buy the pre-cut pineapple in the produce section to save some time!
I used to love Hawaiian pizzas when I still ate meat…I'm sure I would have loved these kebabs also!
The Blonde Duck says
I LOVE ham! Esp. smoked ham.
My Journey With Candida says
Skewers! Pineappple and Ham are the Best together.
nancy at good food matters says
gosh, this does sound especially good! a tasty holiday appetizer.
it is difficult, these wintry days, to have enough natural light for our food photos–like you, I just snap the best I can.
I'm investing in metal skewers. So I can make these 🙂 I'm a huge fan of ham and pineapple individually (and together is heaven), but I really want to try this balsamic glaze
This reminds me of Hawaiian pizza – ham and pineapple. Sweet and salty, and delicious
Words Of Deliciousness says
I love the ham and pineapple combination, sound like a winner to me.
Becki's Whole Life says
You really have me hooked on pineapple! My kids love it too and I actually bought two when I was at Trader Joe's on Sunday. This sounds so good and the glaze sounds wonderful. I agree – bet it would taste awesome on the grill!
Did you burn your tongue??
You are making me wish that I had some leftover ham!