Seasoned with basil, garlic, lemon and lime, this was flavorful and delicious grilled chicken. I wasn’t planning to photograph this meal or even blog it, but it turned out so well; I couldn’t resist.
I shot a quick picture of the leftover chicken breasts, so that I could save the recipe for future reference.
Serve this with sauteed snap peas and zucchini with basil.
Lemon and Basil Grilled Chicken
- 3 lbs chicken pieces I used 4 huge chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup basil thinly sliced
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon, lime, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the fresh herbs and stir to combine. Place the chicken in a lidded container or a large ziploc bag. Pour the marinade over the pieces of chicken. Turn the pieces or flip the bag to coat well.
- Marinate 8-24 hours in the refrigerator. When you are ready to cook the chicken, remove from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before grilling. Our chicken pieces were huge, so it took almost 45 minutes to cook them. We grilled them over medium-high heat, turning them once every 10-15 minutes.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, let it rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting into it. This allows the fluids to evenly redistribute throughout the meat. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @barefeetkitchen or tag #barefeetkitchen!
17 Comments Leave a comment or review
Becki's Whole Life says
What a great flavor combo – basil and lemon! I bet this tasted wonderful and love that you used the chicken pieces vs the breasts for this..I really like to grill up a whole package of cut up chicken and it's nice to have some different flavors!
Allison at Novice Life says
We grilled out chicken last night too! I have switched to buying bone-in breast; I think you just can't beat the flavor! This marinade sounds great!! I am adding it to my list.
Lots of flavor in this :), [email protected]Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters
The Slow Roasted Italian says
Simple, healthy, and delicious.
My Journey With Candida says
I am having chicken tonight, in fact, after I read your recipe I ran out to the kitchen and put some basil on the chicken. What a great addition it is going to be.
Simple yet delicious. I'm always looking for new chicken recipes. Thank you for sharing…and thank you for leaving such kind words on my own blog. You make me smile!
Oh yum – the combo of basil and lemon sounds like a sure-fire winner for this chicken =)
Sue/the view from great island says
I love chicken with citrus, but I never take the time to marinate it. This inspires me to finally do that. I bet it's fantastic.
oh yeah im all about having citrus flavor in my food right now. this looks excellent!
Ooh, this looks so delicious and flavorful! I love new ideas for grilled chicken 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
Honest flavours.Chicken and lemon goes so well;)
Words Of Deliciousness says
I love grilled chicken! I love the idea of the lemon and lime along with the basil. Yum!
Sweet And Crumby says
Beautiful flavor profile and such golden and perfectly grilled chicken.
Love it! This is my kind of chicken.. grilled.. simple.. delicious 🙂
This combo sounds great and looks simple enough to follow.
Sounds like a winning marinade. Lemon and lime's acidic sweet bite really wakes up chicken.