Do you love pickles? If so, then this Dill Pickle Dip is especially for you. A couple years ago, I was chatting with my friend Rebecca and she told me that she had a recipe for me to try. She prefaced that with the question, “Do you like pickles?” Well, yes. As a matter of fact, I do like pickles. I’m not sure I would have called myself a serious pickle fan before tasting this dip, but clearly I have become one. Rebecca’s Dill Pickle Dip is for serious pickle lovers.
I like this dip so much, it has replaced the usual ranch dip for our afternoon snacking. I’ve dipped hundreds of carrot sticks into this deliciousness over the past couple of years and I like it just as much now as I did the first time I made it. I serve this with crackers, carrots, chips, and pretzels. Dill Pickle Dip is fantastic on bagels and burgers as well!
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dill pickles I use 10-12 baby dills
- 1/4 cup finely diced sweet yellow onion
- 1/4 cup pickle juice use less for a thicker dip
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper adjust to taste
- Place the softened cream cheese, pickles, and onion in a mixing bowl.* Press the pickles into the cheese with a wooden spoon until the cream cheese is soft enough to stir. Add all remaining ingredients and stir until evenly distributed. Cover with a lid and chill for at least an hour before serving. The dip will keep nicely in the refrigerator for at least a week. Enjoy!