Dark Chocolate Zucchini Muffins (or are they cupcakes?)
- 1 1/3 cup of whole wheat flour *
- 1 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour *
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup of light olive oil not extra virgin
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups of zucchini shredded (this was one very large zucchini)
- 1 1/2 cups of dark chocolate chips
* Gluten Free Alternative
- 1 2/3 cups brown rice flour
- 2/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Add the shredded zucchini to the wet ingredients and stir. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined, then add the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into greased muffin trays, filling each cup to the top. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.