Crispy Cheddar Chicken is a fantastic dinner recipe straight out of The Dairy Good Cookbook: Everyday Comfort Food from America’s Dairy Farmers. Read to the end of today’s post for your chance to win a copy of the cookbook AND a $75 gift card!
Thin, bite-size strips of chicken breast are coated in a cheesy crisp breading then baked until golden brown and crunchy, making this Crispy Cheddar Chicken truly one of a kind. As soon as I saw the Cheesy Chicken Crunchers recipe in The Dairy Good Cookbook, all the other dinner options disappeared. This chicken turned out every bit as tasty as I’d hoped!My kids ate every single bite of this meal and they all asked for seconds. My favorite part? It required less than 20 minutes hands-on prep time!
Crispy Cheddar Chicken inspired by The Dairy Good Cookbook
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or brown rice flour for gluten-free recipe
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 1/2 cups corn flakes crushed
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheddar cheese
- Barbecue Sauce or Ranch Dressing for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Set two oven racks near the center of the oven, with one empty space in between the racks. Line two large baking sheets with foil and lightly grease with oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. Combine the flour, salt, and peppers in a shallow dish. In a second dish, whisk together the egg whites and milk. In a third dish, combine the crushed corn flakes and cheese.
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1" wide strips. Dip each piece of chicken first in the flour, then in the egg mixture, and finally in the cheesy cornflake mixture. Place each coated piece of chicken on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is crisp and golden brown. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
I’ve partnered with The Dairy Good Cookbook to kick off National Dairy Month with this recipe from their new comfort food filled cookbook. This is the first book produced by dairy farmers and it is a celebration of wholesome dairy ingredients and the farmers’ commitment to bringing those ingredients to our tables.
The Dairy Good Cookbook is available for purchase today, wherever books are sold. This is a gorgeous cookbook and I already have post-it notes throughout the book with recipes saved for future meals. The layout is top notch, there are sections for meals throughout the day, as well as for special occasions. The photography is gorgeous and there are also peeks into the lives of several dairy farmers. I enjoyed reading about the Sjostrom family and their dream of producing and selling their own cheese. Their cheese store gives customers an up-close and personal glimpse into life on the dairy farm.
The Dairy Good Cookbook retails for $25.00 and is available wherever books and e-books are sold. You can also purchase online at: Amazon.com (click HERE), Barnes and Noble (click HERE) and Indie Bound (click HERE). Follow Dairy Good on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. This recipe is used with permission from The Dairy Good Cookbook, Andrew McMeel Publishing, LLC.
You can enter to WIN a copy of The Dairy Good Cookbook along with a $75 gift card by sharing a dairy recipe or dish (made with milk, cheese, or yogurt) along with a story of what makes it meaningful to you! All you need to do to be entered is leave a comment with your recipe or dairy story.
You may receive (1) total entry by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 6/2/2015 – 6/30/2015
Be sure to visit The Dairy Good Cookbook’s brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!