Street tacos layered with pulled pork carnitas, crunchy cabbage, red onion, cheese, and cilantro make an awesome dinner any night of the week. My family gives these tacos ten thumbs up every time we make them.
A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to have four awesome friends visit and spend the weekend with me. We enjoyed an absurd amount of really great food, talked and laughed non stop, and spent almost a full day sitting in holiday traffic. (Note to self, don’t ever head to Sedona on a holiday weekend, it’s ugly.)
One night while we were hanging out at the house, my friend Sandra made these street tacos for us. The tacos are so simple, and yet, they taste amazing. Don’t skip that squeeze of lime on each taco, it absolutely makes them!
- 12 small corn or flour tortillas
- 1 recipe Slow-Cooker Pork Carnitas or Traditional Pork Carnitas
- 2 cups very thinly shredded green cabbage or iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 red onion very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 limes cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup sour cream optional
- Warm the tortillas in a hot skillet or in the microwave. Layer the meat, cabbage, and onion on the tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Squeeze a wedge of lime over each taco and serve with sour cream and additional lime wedges on the side, if desired. Enjoy!