Crunchy caramel popcorn, creamy cold ice cream, hot fudge, caramel, whipped cream, however you layer it up, this ice cream sundae left me speechless. One taste was all it took to make a Caramel Popcorn Ice Cream believer out of me.
I made a sundae on a whim late one night right after I made Salted Caramel Popcorn for the first time. I loved the sundae piled with all the fixings and then I realized that chocolate covered popcorn would make it even better. Sure enough, I was right.
This simple vanilla ice cream topped with chocolate covered caramel corn was my favorite combination of all.
I hadn’t planned to share this popcorn topped ice cream as a new recipe, but seriously, the combination is phenomenal! It practically begged to be shared. This is my newest favorite dessert!
Caramel Popcorn Ice Cream Sundae
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup caramel popcorn
- 1-2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Optional: hot fudge caramel sauce, whipped topping
- Warm the chocolate chips in a small glass dish in the microwave for 20-30 seconds at 50% power. Stir until smooth. Place the popcorn in a single layer on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper on a plate. Drizzle with the melted chocolate. Place in the refrigerator until firm, at least 20-30 minutes.
- Scoop the ice cream into a bowl and then pile the toppings over it. Enjoy!