This was so simple and delicious. It was a great side to go with the Lemon Garlic Tilapia and they both were cooked in the same amount of time. My husband and I really liked this.
My silly children aren’t huge fans of broccoli and did not have a clue what they were missing. Partially steaming and then broiling for just a few minutes really brought out the flavor of the broccoli. I think I might even prefer this to my usual roasting method for broccoli.
Buttered Garlic Panko Broccoli
- 3 cups of broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons Panko crumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Place the broccoli in the microwave in a covered dish with a little bit of water. Cook on high until the broccoli is tender, but still crisp. This takes approximately 5-6 minutes. Drain.
- In a small dish, melt the butter and add the remaining ingredients. Spread the broccoli on a foil lined broiler safe tray and then sprinkle with the Panko topping. Broil for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned.