Roasted Garlic Quinoa with Mushrooms
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 servings, or 1 serving as a main dish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced crimini mushrooms I used 5 large mushrooms
- 1 head roasted garlic about a tablespoon of roasted cloves
- 1 cup cooked quinoa loosely packed
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper adjust to taste
Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms, stir to coat and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Then leave them alone, allowing them to brown before stirring again. When the mushrooms are soft, move them to the edges of the pan and add the roasted garlic. Press the cloves with a wooden spatula to smash and warm them.
Add the quinoa and toss with the garlic and mushrooms. Add the remaining salt and pepper and adjust to taste. Enjoy!
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 884mg | Potassium: 457mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 4.4mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1.8mg