Crisp hot waffles filled with bites of ham and melting cheese are an irresistible breakfast option for busy mornings on the go or for a lazy weekend brunch!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour see below for gluten free alternative
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 pound deli ham chopped into 1/2-inch pieces, about 1 1/2 cups chopped ham
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or pre-shredded three cheese blend
Preheat the waffle iron. Stir together the dry ingredients. Add the milk and eggs and stir to combine. Add the melted butter and vanilla and stir to combine. Stir in the ham and cheese. Pour onto the hot waffle iron and cook until lightly browned. Serve handheld or with a drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!
FREEZER MEAL: Let the waffles cool completely, before storing them in an airtight zip close bag. Reheat the frozen waffles in a toaster oven or in the microwave.
For a gluten-free alternative: 1 1/3 cups brown rice flour, 2/3 cup tapioca starch, and 1/4 cup potato starch may be substituted for the all-purpose flour listed in the above ingredients.