Crispy Cheddar Chicken inspired by The Dairy Good Cookbook
Recipe inspired by The Dairy Good Cookbook’s Cheesy Chicken Crunchers recipe, this recipe has been modified and adapted by me
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or brown rice flour for gluten-free recipe
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 1/2 cups corn flakes crushed
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheddar cheese
- Barbecue Sauce or Ranch Dressing for dipping
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Set two oven racks near the center of the oven, with one empty space in between the racks. Line two large baking sheets with foil and lightly grease with oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. Combine the flour, salt, and peppers in a shallow dish. In a second dish, whisk together the egg whites and milk. In a third dish, combine the crushed corn flakes and cheese.
Slice the chicken breasts into 1" wide strips. Dip each piece of chicken first in the flour, then in the egg mixture, and finally in the cheesy cornflake mixture. Place each coated piece of chicken on the prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is crisp and golden brown. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!