The Whiskey Smash is a smooth, tart cocktail and it tastes like grown-up lemonade. I already know that I’m going to be making this drink all summer long for every possible occasion.
I love finding a great new cocktail to share with friends and the Whiskey Smash is exactly that.
I tried this drink for the first time about a month ago when some of my girlfriends were in town for our Food Blogger Sleepover weekend. It was an absolute food and laughter fest. (Rebecca, Meseidy, Joan, Lynne, and Christi, I miss you all so much!)
The whole weekend was reminiscent of the best high school sleepover, plus amazing food (including learning to make mozzarella cheese!), shopping, hilarious moments, and way too many late nights.
I’ve made this drink a few times now and it really is the perfect summer cocktail. If you’re looking for a fun new drink to try, you’ll want to save this recipe for your next occasion.
- 12 mint leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice juice of 2 medium lemons
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 1/3 cup 3 ounces bourbon whiskey, I use Bulleit whiskey
- ice cubes and crushed ice
- Optional garnish: sliced lemon wedges mint leaves
- Place the mint leaves, the lemon juice, and the syrup in a cocktail shaker. Use a muddler (or the handle of a wooden spoon) to crush the mint leaves. Add the whiskey and fill the shaker with ice cubes. Close and shake until icy cold, at least 1 minute.
- Fill 2 old-fashioned glasses with crushed ice and divide the drink between the two glasses. Garnish with lemon wedges and mint leaves. Enjoy!
ONE YEAR AGO: Grape Salad with Vanilla Bean Sweet Cream
TWO YEARS AGO: Simple Skillet Pork Chops
THREE YEARS AGO: Red Potato and Bacon Quiche with Chipotle Peppers
FOUR YEARS AGO: Southwest Chicken Salad with Spicy Ranch Dressing
4 Comments Leave a comment or review
Rachel Cooks says
Loved following along with your sleepover via social media – it looked like SO much fun! Someday we'll meet…right?!?! I hope. Meet and drink whiskey smashes together. 🙂
Also – my mint is going CRAZY so the timing on this is perfect!
Amanda @ I Am Baker says
What a pretty drink!
Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch says
Gorgeous and simple! Love it!
vodka distillery says
I feel balances out the sweet & sour aspect of the drink perfectly. they are VERY drinkable and quite the hit!