I planned to make Roasted Red Potatoes with our dinner last night. As I was making them though, I decided to make some of them spicier for my husband and oldest son. Apparently, I was a bit too generous with the hot chili powder, because I was unable to eat them.
However, my husband and son really enjoyed these potatoes and requested that I make them again in the future. Fortunately for me, I also made a pan of potatoes without all of the extra spice, so my younger boys and I were happy with our own potatoes as well.
- 8 small red potatoes washed and quartered lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder I used New Mexico hot red chili powder - I might have used more than a teaspoon. I generously sprinkled it onto the potatoes and then tossed them with my hands to ensure an even coating.
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- *adjust all the seasonings to taste this is approximately what I used. Beware of the heat.
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine olive oil and all the spices in the bottom of a large bowl. Add the potatoes and toss gently with your hands to coat all of the potato slices. Coat a large baking sheet with olive oil and then spread the potatoes out across it. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, turning the potatoes with a spatula once while cooking. Then turn the oven to broil and let the potatoes get crispy. This was about 8 additional minutes for my oven.