Tender chicken marinated in rosemary, basted with lemon juice while on the grill and then drizzled with butter just before serving. I served this chicken along with Lemon Butter Orzo Stuffed Zucchinis.
It was a great flavor combination. The chicken was tender and delicious both with the meal and the following night as leftovers.
Tuscan Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon
Recipe adapted from and with thanks to Everyday Foods
- 2 lbs chicken tenders pounded flat to approximately 1/4"-1/3" thickness
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Heat the grill to medium heat. In a small saucepan, bring ⅓ cup of water and the rosemary to a boil; remove from heat, cover and let steep for at least 5 minutes. Steeping the rosemary really intensifies the flavor in this dish. Transfer this mixture to a blender. Add the oil and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Puree until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a large ziploc bag or a container with lid, combine the chicken pieces and the rosemary oil mixture. Seal and let marinate for at least 30 minutes at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator. Next time, I will marinate this overnight. It was delicious after just 30 minutes, but I bet the it would have been even better with more time to marinate. As the chicken is marinating, turn the pieces occasionally in the marinade.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, remove from the marinade and place on the grill. Cook, basting frequently with lemon juice and turning as needed. The entire cooking time was around 8 minutes for the thin chicken tenders.
- Remove from grill and tent with foil until ready to eat. Just before serving, drizzle the chicken with the melted butter.
Tried this recipe?Mention @barefeetkitchen or tag #barefeetkitchen!
14 Comments Leave a comment or review
I am always looking for new recipes for the grill, and especially ones I can use my herb garden for! This one looks great! And I'm definitely checking out that stuffed zucchini recipe too 🙂
Rosemary infusions always make food taste so home-y and comforting to me. Don't know why. This looks like such a great dinner!
Rosemary can make everything better 🙂
The Slow Roasted Italian says
This looks delicious Miss Mary! Love the lemon and the rosemary.
Megan Carroll says
Thanks for visiting my blog, now following!
Tricia @ Saving room for dessert says
You must have the happiest family at dinner time! Maybe at any meal! The butter addition must just put this over the top – very yummy.
I've used this flavor combination for whole roasted chicken. It's great! Yours looks really good.
Rosemary and lemon with chicken could have walked out of any greek chicken as they are using this a lot.It is absolutely yummy:)
Your description of this dish is making me drool, well, so is the photo. Sounds delicious!
WOW, steeping the rosemary is a great idea…this chicken sounds fabulous!
lemon juice and grilled chicken pair perfectly together! This chicken sounds excellent.
Sweet And Crumby says
Oh your chicken looks so perfectly grilled and juicy. Drizzling butter over the top does sound like heaven and with orzo? Yummy meal!
Becki's Whole Life says
I love the combo of lemon and rosemary and I am always on the lookout for simple but flavorful chicken recipes. Oh yeah on the butter drizzled overtop at the end…love that!
My Journey With Candida says
My Grandkids love frozen grapes and you are right, they are great in smoothies. I have never frozen a banana.