This time of year I start craving salads with fruit in them. I wound up with 8 lbs of strawberries in the refrigerator last weekend and realized that I’d better start using them quickly.
My oldest son was bouncing with excitement when I set this salad in front of him last night. With my bounty of berries, I made this salad three times last week and all of us still love it. Even my youngest eats every bite of this salad and asks for more!
Sweet Strawberry Salad with Cinnamon Pecans
- Sweet Strawberry Salad with Cinnamon Pecans
- printable recipe
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 small red onion very thinly sliced
- 16-24 ounces strawberries about 3 cups sliced
- 1/2 cup cinnamon roasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to taste
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup
- In a small jar, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, maple syrup, black pepper and salt. Shake well and set aside. Place the spinach, red onion and berries in a large bowl and drizzle with about half the dressing. Toss with hands or tongs to coat and drizzle with more dressing as needed. Add the pecans, toss well and serve immediately. Enjoy!