Sweet, sour, and a little spicy, these noodle bowls are a lightning fast dinner that the whole family is sure to enjoy.
Guess what? I have a great new cookbook to tell you about today! Good Fast Eats is the answer to “what’s for dinner?” when you only have a few minutes to cook and you don’t want to trash your kitchen.
My friend Amy Flanigan, creator of BellyFull, has written the cookbook that every busy mom will want to have in her kitchen through the school year.
I made these Sweet and Sour Noodle Bowls for dinner this week and I’m looking forward to trying the Creamy Spaghetti with Sausage and Spinach and the Italian Stuffed Zucchini too.
My younger sons enjoyed this soup exactly as written below, my older son and husband added a good drizzle of additional Sriracha on top of their bowls and declared it perfect.
I was thrilled to find these gluten free ramen noodles in Costco the other day. I’d heard really great things about them. So, when I saw this recipe in the book, it was a given that I’d make this soup first!
I’m happy to tell you that the gluten free ramen noodles are fantastic and my gluten-free son (who used to adore ramen noodles) is ecstatic to have them back in his life.
Sweet and Sour Noodle Bowls
- 4 packages 3-ounce each ramen noodles, flavor packets discarded
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or Swerve Sweetener
- 1- inch section of fresh ginger minced or 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- Optional: 2-3 cups cooked and chopped chicken
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly shaved or shredded carrot
- 2 green onions sliced very thin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Optional: additional Sriracha hot sauce for topping
- Cook the ramen noodles according to the package instructions. Drain in a colander and rinse well with cold water.
- Combine chicken stock, vinegar, hot sauce, sugar, and ginger in the empty pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for a minute or two. Remove from the heat and stir in the noodles, add chicken if desired.
- Scoop into bowls and top with cucumber, carrot, onions, and parsley. Drizzle with additional Sriracha, if desired. Enjoy!
Rate & Comment