This recipe results in spicy sweet chicken that is tender and moist every single time. I’ve been making this recipe for a couple years now and I have used it for chicken thighs, breasts and tenders.
Thighs are always my preference, but the rub and the glaze are great with all different cuts of chicken. We had this for dinner last night with a simple Rice Pilaf and Roasted Vegetables. We all enjoyed it.
Spicy Honey Brushed Chicken
- 8 boneless and skinless chicken thighs breasts or tenders
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the broiler and line a large baking sheet with foil. Combine the garlic powder, chili powder, salt, cumin, paprika, and crushed red pepper together in a bowl then mix well. Sprinkle the spices evenly on both sides of the chicken pieces. Place chicken on the baking sheet. Broil chicken thighs for 4-5 minutes on each side. (for chicken tenders this is closer to 3 minutes on each side)
- Combine the honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove the chicken from the oven; brush the chicken with half of the honey mixture. Broil for 1 minute. Remove chicken from the oven and turn over. Brush the chicken with the remaining half of the honey mixture. Broil 1 minute or until chicken is done. Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for 2-3 minutes before serving. Enjoy!