With just a little bit of turkey remaining after our Thanksgiving feast, this was a quick and tasty lunch for the kids and me. My boys enjoyed their salad by itself, with some crackers on the side.
I had mine on a plate of spring mix with chopped tomatoes and cucumbers. This would also make a terrific sandwich too.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice start with 1 teaspoon and adjust to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- kosher salt to taste
- 2 cups light and dark meat turkey chopped
- 1 large stalk celery finely sliced, about 1/2 cup
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup walnuts toasted and then chopped
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Adjust seasonings as needed. Add the turkey, celery and nuts and stir to combine. Enjoy!