Layers of crisp greens, hardboiled eggs, bacon, tomatoes, onions, cheddar cheese and sweet peas, make up a Classic Seven Layer Salad. Would you believe that this is the first time I’ve tasted this salad? It is one of the most frequent recipe requests I receive all summer long, so it was definitely time to try it! My whole family loved it and I’m planning to make it again next weekend!
- Salad Ingredients:
- 1/2 head Iceberg lettuce chopped into 1" pieces
- 4 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 4 hardboiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces bacon cooked and chopped
- 3 large Roma tomatoes sliced in half, seeds removed, and chopped
- 4 green onions sliced thin
- 4 ounces freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 6-8 ounces frozen peas partially thawed
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill minced
- In a large bowl, layer the salad ingredients in the order they are listed above. Stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, and sugar. Spread the dressing in a thin layer over the peas. Sprinkle with fresh dill. Cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours. Toss well, just before serving. Enjoy!
The salad can be assembled up to 8 hours in advance, making it perfect for busy summer nights. Layer it together in the morning, top with the dressing, cover, and refrigerate. Toss the salad with the dressing just before serving.