Layers of crisp greens, hardboiled eggs, bacon, tomatoes, onions, cheddar cheese and sweet peas, make up a Classic Seven Layer Salad.
Would you believe that this is the first time I’ve tasted this salad? It is one of the most frequent recipe requests I receive all summer long, so it was definitely time to try it! My whole family loved it and I’m planning to make it again next weekend!
Check out a few more of our favorite summer side dishes:
Seven Layer Salad
- Salad Ingredients:
- 1/2 head Iceberg lettuce chopped into 1" pieces
- 4 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 4 hardboiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces bacon cooked and chopped
- 3 large Roma tomatoes sliced in half, seeds removed, and chopped
- 4 green onions sliced thin
- 4 ounces freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 6-8 ounces frozen peas partially thawed
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill minced
- In a large bowl, layer the salad ingredients in the order they are listed above. Stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, and sugar. Spread the dressing in a thin layer over the peas. Sprinkle with fresh dill. Cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours. Toss well, just before serving. Enjoy!