We have had so many fresh bunches of baby carrots from our local farmer’s market; I’ve been roasting them at least once a week. A while ago, my friend, Kara, mentioned adding cayenne to the spices when she roasts carrots and I couldn’t wait to try it. They weren’t really spicy, but the cayenne brought out a deeper flavor. The whole family enjoyed these carrots.
- 1-2 pounds new baby carrots ends trimmed to 1" and scrubbed well
- extra virgin olive oil
- new baby onion or 2-3 green onions sliced very thin
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- kosher salt to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the clean carrots in a large mixing bowl and drizzle with oil. Toss with your hands to coat thoroughly. Add the onions, garlic and spices. Toss well to coat the carrots with the little bits of onion, garlic and spices. Spread the carrots across a silpat lined or foil lined baking sheet and top with any onions or garlic remaining in the bowl. Sprinkle with additional salt if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the carrots are tender when pressed with a fork. Enjoy!