Rich in flavor and even more delicious when roasted, these beauties came in my Chow Share box this week. These are true baby carrots (not the miniature shaped varieties from the grocery store) and they taste completely different! Roasting them was a huge hit with the family. Two of my boys were sad that there weren’t more of them to eat. I’ve never enjoyed cooked carrots on their own before this, but I’m happy to say that I will most certainly be making these again and again!
- 1 1/2 lbs of thin baby carrots greens removed about an inch above the top of the carrot (You can save the greens for this smoothie - I promise it tastes great!) scrubbed clean and patted dry
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- granulated garlic or garlic powder
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the carrots on a large baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Use your hands to make sure they are completely coated with the oil. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper and garlic. Roast for about 30 minutes, until they are browned and fork tender. Enjoy!