Rich in flavor and even more delicious when roasted, these beauties came in my CSA box this week. These are true baby carrots (not the miniature shaped varieties from the grocery store) and they taste completely different!
Roasting them was a huge hit with the family. Two of my boys were sad that there weren’t more of them to eat. I’ve never enjoyed cooked carrots on their own before this, but I’m happy to say that I will most certainly be making these again and again!
Roasted Baby Carrots
- 1 1/2 lbs of thin baby carrots greens removed about an inch above the top of the carrot (You can save the greens for this smoothie - I promise it tastes great!) scrubbed clean and patted dry
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- granulated garlic or garlic powder
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the carrots on a large baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Use your hands to make sure they are completely coated with the oil. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper and garlic. Roast for about 30 minutes, until they are browned and fork tender. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Mention @barefeetkitchen or tag #barefeetkitchen!
10 Comments Leave a comment or review
I don't make cooked carrots enough on their own. I think I will have to roast some with our Sunday Dinner today.
Sue/the view from great island says
I love carrots, cooked or not. These babies look heavenly.
That is my absolute FAVORITE way to eat carrots! (Technically, it's my second, the first is in beer cheese soup but that doesn't count as a carrot dish, ha ha) The roasting brings out their sweetness!
[email protected] says
Sounds yummy, can't wait to try!
I don't know why I never roast carrots, because they're delicious roasted. Yours look beautiful served with the tips of the greens!
Raw or roasted, fresh carrots are delicious!
Sydney Jones says
These look so delicious! I love roasted veggies 🙂
Words Of Deliciousness says
I love how you have been roasting vegetables. I have never tried roasting vegetable as you have. I am definitely wanting to try this.
I do this all the time with carrots…oh sooooo good!
The Harried Cook says
Each post of yours is prettier and more delectable than the last… LOVE these carrots… I am going to make these soon – for sure!