I love fruit in a summer salad. The combination of fruits along with the sweet and tangy dressing was a great balance. I used the dehydrated pineapple for the first time and I could not be happier with the result.
Fresh pineapple would work every bit as well or possibly better, but honestly, the re-hydrated pineapple tasted very much like fresh.
- Salad Ingredients:
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 lb fresh strawberries thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or rehydrated pineapple sliced very thin (approximately 1/8" thick)
- 1 can mandarin oranges drained
- 1/8 red onion very thinly sliced
- Dressing Ingredients: Orange Red Wine and Honey Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and set aside. Prep salad and drizzle just a tiny bit of the marinade over the top. The recipe makes almost 3/4 of a cup dressing and I only used about 1/4 cup. Store the remaining dressing in the refrigerator. Toss the salad gently to coat with dressing before serving. Enjoy!