I would really love to know what you would change. I plan to work on this some more and I will post my final version when I am truly happy with it.
Quick and Easy Homemade Ketchup
- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Dash of worcestershire sauce optional – I really couldn’t tell a difference
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch cloves
- 1/2 pinch allspice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt according to taste
- In a small bowl, combine all of these ingredients and whisk well. Chill overnight to blend the flavors.
- Side note: I’ve made several variations of this sauce and I can tell no difference between when the mixture is warmed on the stove and whisked that way to combine, or when it is simmered a longer while or when it is simply combined cold and then placed in the refrigerator.