Saucy BBQ pork tucked into melted cheese in a buttery crisp tortilla? That’s something I can’t possibly resist. This pulled pork quesadilla is a quick and easy way to get a hearty meal on the table, even on the busiest of weeknights.
Pulled pork is one of my favorite food leftovers to have in the house and these quesadillas make the most of it.
BBQ Pork Quesadilla
The beauty of quesadillas is that you can fill them with almost any cheese, meat, or vegetable combination and they taste delicious. Chicken and caramelized onions? Check. Cheesy pepperoni pizza? Definitely. Meat lover’s steak and cheese? Oh yeah. Fully loaded with all the vegetables from the fridge? Every chance I get.
There isn’t a quesadilla you can make that my crew won’t devour. (Or, if there is, I haven’t found it yet.) At our house, bbq pork, green chile shredded pork, and carnitas are made on a regular basis and plenty of that pork gets tucked into the freezer for quick meals later.
For something a little bit different, this Honey Lime Pork Roast is a little bit spicy and a little bit sweet, with just a hint of citrus.
Slow Cooker Mexican Pork is some of the best pulled pork you can make at home and it requires about 5 minutes of prep time before you turn on the crockpot and walk away.
Many years ago, my sister taught me to use just a tiny bit of butter on quesadillas. It turns them into something pretty special.
To do this I always butter my tortillas, you really don’t need much, don’t try to skip that and just melt the butter in the pan. It won’t be the same.
Start with one tortilla butter side down over medium heat. You can use cast iron or a nonstick skillet for this recipe. I use both, it just depends on my mood.
Top with half of the cheese, then the pulled pork, more cheese, and last with the second buttered tortilla. Cook on one side and then flip to cook on the other side.
Keep your heat on medium to medium-high. Too hot of a pan will scorch the tortilla, which ruins the quesadilla and makes your kitchen stink. Too low of a temperature and it takes too long. I am not a patient quesadilla maker.
Pulled Pork Quesadillas
You’ll need these ingredients to make these quesadillas:
- 8-10″ flour tortillas
- freshly shredded cheese Mozzarella, cheddar, Colby jack, Pepper jack
- pulled pork
- barbecue sauce
I have yet to find a quesadilla combination that didn’t work. From just cheese to vegetables and any kind of meat I have on hand, it just works, every time.
Crisp tortillas filled with saucy bbq chicken and melting cheese add up to these BBQ Chicken Quesadillas. They’re a little bit spicy and awesomely cheesy.
Loaded Vegetable Quesadillas start with warm crisp tortillas layered with melting cheese and then filled with an abundance of vegetables. They’re absolutely irresistible for snacking or for a meal on their own.
Crisp warm tortillas filled with melted cheese are made even better when you add a handful of mushrooms for a savory mushroom quesadilla.
Cheesy, saucy, pizza quesadillas are as flavorful as you imagine they might be. They’re a messy, super fun, lightning-fast way to satisfy your next pizza craving.
Pulled Pork Quesadilla
- 2 8-10" flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ cup freshly shredded cheese Mozzarella, cheddar, Colby jack, Pepper jack all work well
- ½ cup pulled pork roughly chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- Place one buttered tortilla in a hot skillet over medium-high heat. Top with half of the cheese, pulled pork, and any additional ingredients (if desired). Drizzle with barbecue sauce and top with the remaining cheese. Place the second buttered tortilla on top and cook for a minute or two.
- When the cheese is melting and the tortilla facing the skillet begins to brown, use a large spatula to carefully flip the tortilla over and cook on the second side for a few minutes.
- When everything has melted together and the tortillas are golden and crisp, remove the quesadilla from the skillet and slice it into wedges. Serve warm.