Light enough to be enjoyed all summer long, this was a refreshing citrus flavored smoothie balanced with the tart sweetness of the pineapple and the mild greens for extra health benefits. My whole family loved the last smoothie I posted so much; I decided to add some spinach and make almost the same one again this morning.
With your eyes closed, you might not be able to tell one drink from the other. The citrus in the smoothie hides the spinach flavor very well. I’m sharing this version today, to challenge you once again to try a green smoothie if you still haven’t done that. They really are delicious!
Pineapple Orange Banana Spinach Smoothie
- 1 cup orange juice I used the juice from about 5 small tangelos
- 1 cup chopped pineapple frozen
- 1 banana
- 5 coconut water ice cubes or about ⅓ cup of coconut water
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- Layer ingredients into blender as listed and puree until smooth. Enjoy!